Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: MY NEW STUFF!!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member puzzlebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am so happy. I just bought my first super 8 camers, a nizo 801. I also bought a Bell & Howell Super 8 movie projector. I cant wait to start shooting. I am hoping one of my friends will be getting a nice canon xl1s mini dv cam, so I can transfer for editing. No real question... Just sharing.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member puzzlebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    where would i go to film filters and other lense adapters (matte box)... will ones for a 4080/6080 fit, or is it a different size?
    Thanks

  3. #3
    Inactive Member lightfeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 2002
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by puzzlebox:
    where would i go to film filters and other lense adapters (matte box)... will ones for a 4080/6080 fit, or is it a different size?
    Thanks
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Different size. The lenses of 40/6080s are wider in diameter. The 6080 matte box requires a 1/4" tripod thread on the top of the camera to attach itself. I'm pretty sure the 801 doesn't have that, as I remember from owning one. Circular screw in filters are an option, but I believe they are more expensive. The 4080/6080 has a 67mm thread, but as I remember, the 801 has a 62mm thread. You have a built in daylight filter, the most important filter, which is used when using normal tungsten balanced film outdoors (which is the normal situation in Super8, due to the high light requirements of the format and the fact that all Kodak colour stock is tungsten (indoor) balanced)

    For a matte box, I think one was made especially for the 801/Pro etc., though it is I think quite scarce. Check out ebay, I guess...

    Good luck

    Lucas

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a Nizo 801 & a 6080, and the lenses are the same.
    I can't speak to the mattebox situation, but the filters & stuff are certainly the same: 67mm.

    Matt Pacini

  5. #5
    Inactive Member lightfeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 2002
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OK! Oops!

    But does that leave screw in filters as the only option? I guess it does. That's going to get expensive!

    Lucas

  6. #6
    Inactive Member puzzlebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thanks... i did find a mattebox on ebay, but it had a starting bid of $150. Thats more than I wont to pay for right now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •